Small: 21 cm x 30 cm | 8.2 x 11.8 in (A4)
Large: 30 cm x 40 cm | 11.8 x 15.7 in (A3)
Every day is a Sunday at this happy corner where neighbors come together for coffee, let their dogs run free, and spend a lazy afternoon watching the world go by. Shaded by this 70-year-old walk-up, this nook is where time slows down, and where the local community breathes life to this charming neighborhood that feels worlds apart from the hustle and bustle of Hong Kong.
(And yes, the soaring cuckatoo is real and also calls this neighborhood home!)
Centered along the age-old hilly neighborhood of Shing Wong Street, Sheung Wan, ”Tales of a Ladder Street” is a mini-series that captures the timelessness and the walk-up, an increasingly rare structure that celebrated its 70th birthday in 2021 and whimsical spirit of a vibrant, living community. At the heart of the series is a 1950s era that barely escaped the area's aggressive redevelopment projects.
- Print dimensions: Small: 21 x 30 cm / Medium: 30 x 40 cm
- Printed on age-resistant 310 gsm museum-grade Hahnemühle German Etching paper with archival quality ink, this print is meant to last a lifetime with crisp, vibrant colors. Individually hand-signed.
- PROFESSIONAL gallery quality framing (made to order)
- Wooden frames are available in 3 different colour options (Black, White or Natural)
- Frames are mounted with matt board rounding and frames
- Framed prints ONLY available for Hong Kong delivery
- For framed prints please allow 2 weeks for local delivery
- For prints please allow 1 week for local delivery
- You're welcome to contact us and confirm production lead time before ordering
ABOUT THE ARTIST
Born and raised in Hong Kong, Alvin recalls picking up a paintbrush long before chopsticks. In 2020, new to watercolor urban sketching, Alvin inadvertently embarked on a journey of 'rediscovering' Hong Kong and storytelling as he sets out to capture a rapidly changing Hong Kong. He enjoys long sessions of painting on location, getting to know the people in his paintings, and finding beauty in the chaos in the most unexpected places.