"STORY IN THE VIEW"
Small: 21 x 26 cm | 8.2 x 10.2 in
Large: 40 cm x 30 cm | 15.7 in x 11.8 in
"A short story is what you see when you look out the window" - Mavis Gallant
Businesses come and go, a new neighbor moves in, a regular at the cafe below brings home a new four-legged companion. Peering out of this post-war era wrought iron window, one gently turns a new page each day in the story of this century-old neighborhood. But as revitalization works unfold in the quarter, the story leaps into a brand new chapter.
Centered around Shing Wong Street, a hilly century-old neighborhood built on granite steps just a stone's throw away from downtown, ”Tales of a Ladder Street” is a mini series that captures the timelessness and the whimsical spirit of a vibrant, living community. The heart of the series - a 1950s era walk-up - celebrates its 70th birthday this year as it overlooks the surrounding quarter which has now officially commenced revitalization work.
- Print dimensions: Small: 21 x 26 cm / Medium: 30 x 40 cm
- Printed on age-resistant 310 gsm museum-grade Hahnemühle German Etching paper with archival quality ink, this print is meant to last a lifetime with crisp, vibrant colors. Individually hand-signed.
- PROFESSIONAL gallery quality framing (made to order)
- Wooden frames are available in 3 different colour options (Black, White or Natural)
- Frames are mounted with matt board rounding and frames
- Framed prints ONLY available for Hong Kong delivery
- For framed prints please allow 2 weeks for local delivery
- For prints please allow 1 week for local delivery
- You're welcome to contact us and confirm production lead time before ordering
ABOUT THE ARTIST
Born and raised in Hong Kong, Alvin recalls picking up a paintbrush long before chopsticks. In 2020, new to watercolor urban sketching, Alvin inadvertently embarked on a journey of 'rediscovering' Hong Kong and storytelling as he sets out to capture a rapidly changing Hong Kong. He enjoys long sessions of painting on location, getting to know the people in his paintings, and finding beauty in the chaos in the most unexpected places.