I had some time with my youngest, Leila, this weekend and she fancied baking. I'd just been reading about cakes being made in minutes in a mug and thought it would be fun to try it out - and what better mug to be using than our 50 Shades of Hong Kong one! Here's how we got on and one of the recipes we used in case you fancy trying it yourself!
While it might not have won the bake off in terms of how it looked (haha!) it tasted very good according to Leila - and I can vouch for that as I did manage a little spoonful myself! 😋
- 30g unsalted butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp semi-skimmed milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 4 tbsp self raising flour
- a sprinkling of chocolate drops
- Put the butter in the mug and microwave for 20 seconds. Add the eggs, milk and vanilla and beat with a fork
- Add the sugar and flour with the chocolate drops and mix again
- Microwave for 2 mins (600W), 1 mins 45 seconds (800W) or 1 min 30 seconds mins (1000W). This should be enough time but check it's baked when you bring it out!
- Leave to cool
- Eat ... yum!!