An essential guide for anyone who wants to know more about the many wild animals that live in Hong Kong
20 snakes, 17 lizards, 5 turtles, 14 amphibians, 52 birds, 18 mammals, 291 bugs, as well as a host of marine animals! It is a comprehensive and beautifully designed easy-to-use guide to most of the common species you are likely to see in Hong Kong. This book is the definitive photographic reference guide for nature enthusiasts, and suitable for children and adults alike.
Using beautiful full colour photos for each animal, the simple-to-use format covers key identification features as well as size scale, months and times of the day when they are most likely to be found, as well as location information and some fascinating facts about many species. Bonus pages cover some of the best places to visit to see these creatures, references for further education, as well as pages on biodiversity and taxonomy.
Included in this 356 page moleskin size book you will find:
- 375 different animals. The most common, the most fantastic, the most fun.
- Common and Latin names.
- Written summaries of each species profiled, with quick facts on size, common or not, male/female differences etc.
- Stunning photos for each species.
- A gatefold flow chart along with 4 pages of species ID guides to help quickly confirm the order/type of animal and bug and to find the relevant pages more quickly.
- Fascinating facts: from the wonderful, to the bizarre to the downright weird and funny.
Flexi-bound (350gsm art card, matt lamination, colour covers).
143mm X 213mm
text/photos: 115gsm FSC matt art paper
Section sewn, separate end-paper